Vinyl fences first made their debut in the 1980s and, since then, have taken the fencing world by storm.
Many people are unaware of the advantages of vinyl fencing and, choose other fencing options.
Vinyl fences have some genuine benefits, and deliver an affordable, low-maintenance, and durable fencing solution that will last you years.
What is Vinyl Fencing?
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) or Vinyl fences consist of synthetic material made from chlorine and ethylene. Vinyl is also known as the “infrastructure plastic.”
The Benefits of Vinyl Fencing
Construction experts have noted that vinyl is five times stronger than wood.
Vinyl is incredibly durable, especially in harsh weather conditions, as the flexible yet firm material keeps them upright in rain, hail, or snowstorms.
Vinyl fences are also incredibly easy to clean. All you need do is wash them down with some soap and water now and then to keep them clean – no staining, powder-coating, or painting necessary!
Other key benefits include:
- Resistant to UV light, moisture, and humidity – vinyl fences will not crack, chip, chalk, or fade whatever the weather
- Variety – these fences come in a variety of colors and styles to match your home decor
- Affordable – vinyl fences are cheaper than wood fences in the long-term
- Durability – vinyl fencing is rot and pest-resistant, and will not corrode
- Long life-span – a vinyl fence should last you 20 to 30 years with the right maintenance routine, backed by lifetime warranties
If you’d like to learn more about vinyl fencing and explore if it’s a viable solution for your property, please reach out to our experts.
At Martin Fence Co, we have more than 40 years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of vinyl fences for all property types, and landscapes. Contact us today for a free estimate and site visit.